Nursing Around the World: What Are the Commonalities and Differences? References
- Information online at the American Nurses Association website.
- NursingWorld | OJIN: Nursing Around the World: table of contents
- Issue of OJIN, Online Journal of Issues in Nursing that presents articles on how nursing is practiced in a variety of countries.
Nursing Around the World: What Are the Commonalties and Differences?
Volume 5, Number 2: 2000.
- NursingWorld | The International Nursing Center
- Website of American Nurses Association's, International Nursing Center. The propose of the Center is to promote global health care partnerships in nursing.
- NursingWorld | AJN: February 1998/vol.98, no.2
- Stewart, M., Global Trade's Impact on Nursing. AJN/February 1998/vol.98, no.2
- Websites generated by official groups who regulate nursing practice
- Australian Nursing Council Inc
- The Australian Nursing Council Inc. (ANCI) is a national nursing body concerned with national standards and processes for the regulation of nursing within Australia. It has representation from eight state and territory nurse regulatory authorities in Australia. Available: http://www.anci.org.au/
- National Council of State Boards of Nursing: NCLEX Examination Info
- The National Council of State Boards of Nursing, Inc., (National Council) is a not-for-profit organization whose membership comes from the boards of nursing in the 50 states and territories.
- The United Kingdom Central Council For Nursing Midwifery and Health Visiting
- The UKCC is the statutory regulatory body for nursing, midwifery and health visiting in the United Kingdom. Available: http://www.ukcc.org.uk/
- Irish Nursing Board, An Bord Altranais
- An Bord Altranais was established by the Nurses Act, 1950 to take over the functions of two bodies, the Central Midwives Board and the General Nursing Council, which had been established in 1918 and 1919 respectively. An Bord Altranais was re-constituted and its functions were re-defined and expanded by the Nurses Act, 1985. Available: http://www.nursingboard.ie/
- Nursing Council of New Zealand
- The statutory authority that governs the
practice of nurses and midwives in New Zealand. Available: http://www.nursingcouncil.org.nz/
- Websites generated by nursing groups that deal with professional development and practice issues
- Philippine Nurses Association
- Professional organization representing nurses in the Philippines. Available:http://pna-ncr-zone6.virtualave.net/
- American Nurses Association | Welcome to NursingWorld! Version 3.0
- Professional organization representing Registered Nurses in the U.S. Available: http://www.nursingworld.org/
- RCN Online
- Professional organization representing nurses in the United Kingdom. Available: http://www.rcn.org.uk/
- Royal College of Nursing, Australia
- Professional organization representing nurses in Australia. Available:
- Japanese Nursing Association
- Professional organization representing nurses in Japan. Available: http://www.nurse.or.jp/jna/english/index.ht
- Canadian Nurses Association - l'Association des infirmiÃ¨res et infirmiers du Canada
- Professional organization representing nurses in Canada. Available: http://www.cna-nurses.ca/
- Velkommen til Norsk sykepleierforbund
- Professional organization representing nurses in Norway. Available: http://188.8.131.52/nsf/nsf.html
- Professional organization representing nurses in Denmark. Available: Available: http://www.dansk-sygeplejeraad.dk/
- Taiwan Nurses Association
- Professional organization representing nurses in Taiwan. Available: http://ww.twnna.org.tw/english/index_e.html
- Deutscher Berufsverband fÃ¼r Pflegeberufe
- Professional organization representing nurses in Germany. Available: http://www.dbfk.de/
- Swiss Nurses Association
- Professional organization representing nurses in Switzerland. Available: http://www.allnurses.com/jump.cgi?ID=305< /DD>
- Government sites across the world dealing with health
- Health Canada Online: Welcome!
- Health Canada is the federal department responsible for helping the people of Canada maintain and improve their health.
- Assess and Intervene; Report to the Minister of Health on the Recruitment and Retention of Registered Nurses and Registered Psychiatric Nurses in British Columbia
- Report to the Minister of Health on the Recruitment and Retention of Registered Nurses and Registered Psychiatric Nurses in British Columbia March 2000 . Available:http://www.hlth.gov.bc.ca/cpa/publications/rpnurses/index.html
- Ministry of Health & Welfare
- Ministry of Health and Welfare for Japan.
- HOME PAGE : U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- DHHS is the United States government's principal agency for protecting the health of all Americans and providing essential human services, especially for those who are least able to help themselves. Available:http://www.os.dhhs.gov/
- Health Care & The National Health Service (NHS)
- Department of Health's overall aim is to improve the health and well being of the people of England. Available: http://www.doh.gov.uk/nhs.htm
- Non-profit groups that have an international focus and deal with nursing and or health
- International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
- The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies is an international humanitarian organization that exists to improve the situation of the world's most vulnerable people. Available: http://www.ifrc.org/
- International Council of Nurses
- The International Council of Nurses is a federation of national nurses' associations (NNAs), representing nurses in more
than 120 countries. Available: http://www.icn.ch/index.html
- Sigma Theta Tau International
- STT International, Honor Society of Nursing, is dedicated to improving the health of people worldwide through increasing the scientific base of nursing practice.
- Pan American Health Organization - Homepage
- (PAHO) is an international public health agency working to improve health and living standards of the countries of the Americas. It serves as the specialized organization for health of the Inter-American System. Available: http://www.paho.org/
- WHO/OMS: World Health Organization
- World Health Organization is a special agency of the United nations that promotes cooperation for health among nations.
- Variety of sites related to global issues
- JNA NEWS
- Japanese Nurses News. 1983 to present.
- Country information
- World Health Organization site contains 1) Reports and 2) Data Bases on health in Europe.
- Nursing volunteer Opportunities in Developing Nations
- Website for nurses who are interested in volunteer work. Available: http://www.nursingvolunteer.com/
- Policy framework for the WHO European
Region Available: http://www.who.dk/cpa/h21/h21.htm